Five Reasons to Support Us
1. A clear and nationwide goal: Vision for a Nation is helping create a national eye care service for Rwanda. Our work is helping all Rwandans can access local eye screenings, treatment and affordable glasses.
2. Unprecedented and sustainable: Vision for a Nation is integrating the service into the national healthcare system. On completion, we will exit Rwanda having helped establish a sustainable eye care service that will deliver lasting impact.
3. Major impact across health, education and productivity: Vision for a Nation is impacting the education, employability, economic productivity, health and quality of life of over 1 million Rwandans. At present, we estimate that Rwanda’s GDP is reduced by at least $60m every year as a result of visual impairment.
4. An innovative approach: Vision for a Nation has helped develop an innovative three-day training curriculum and is supplying low-cost reading glasses and innovative adjustable glasses, which increase the reach of the new eye care service while reducing its costs.
5. Exceptional value for money: Vision for a Nation Rwanda is highly cost effective. Donors include UBS Optimus Foundation and the United States Agency for International Development, who carefully assess the costs and benefits of programmes they support.